Greg Kammeyer, DDS, MS
Dr. Greg Kammeyer is from Denison Iowa. He received his undergraduate BS degree from Iowa State University studying chemistry, biology and business. He received his dental degree (DDS) from the University of Iowa. During that time he did a student research project studying soft tissue using a transmission electron microscope. He practiced general dentistry prior to advancing his formal education in Implant Dentistry. He holds a graduate and Master’s degree in Implant Dentistry from Loma Linda University. This is a 3 year graduate degree in the subspecialty area of Implant Dentistry. His master’s research was on bone regeneration using CAT scans to study bone loss after bone regeneration procedures.
He has placed thousands of dental implants since 1985. He previously practiced as a general dentist for 16 years, focusing on esthetic and reconstructive dentistry and understands the challenges of general dentistry. He focused his practice on comprehensive care and at that time both placed and restored dental implants. Since 2000 his practice has been focused on placing dental implants. He lectures nationally, internationally, has performed clinical research in several settings and is a published author. He has received awards for both original research and for a publication.
He has participated in numerous clinical research projects both through Clinical Research Associates through the University of Iowa College of Dentistry and through Loma Linda University.
He has been an advisor to a major dental implant manufacturer for product design and professional relations and is one of the only surgeons offering CAD/CAM generated “Teeth-in-an-Hour” and Bone Morphogenic Protein growth factors. He has been using the now popular Teeth-within-a-Day concept since 1985. He has also extensively served on the Board of Clinicians and has advised a startup dental implant/orthopeadic company, Nasseo, (see nasseo.com) that has developed a proprietary implant surface using Nanotechnology.
He is currently the director of the respected and well known CCC Study Club ” a Seattle Study Club Affiliate”, he directs a Spears Study Club devoted to comprehensive care and has a Full Arch/ Full Mouth Dental Implant Study Group, all devoted to helping dentists advance their clinical skills. He currently has a private practice in Sun City West, limited to dental implant surgery, which is the only practice in Arizona devoted to Dental Implant Surgery.
Dr. Kammeyer’s hobbies include racquetball, scuba diving and traveling with his wife, Linda. He enjoys reading, watching movies and loves spending time with his daughters Chelsea and Katy when they are in town. Binkley and Scooter, his cats, also enjoy their quality time with him.
Professional Organization Memberships
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- The American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- The International Congress of Oral Implantology
- The Academy of Osseointegration
- The European Association of Osseointegration
- The Academy of Implant Prosthodontics
- American Dental Association
- Arizona Dental Association
- Journal of American Dental Association
- Inscriptions – Journals of the Arizona Dental Association
- Journal of Oral Implantology
- International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Implants
- Clinical Oral Implants Research
- Practical Periodontics & Esthetic Dentistry
- Compendium of Continuing Education in Dentistry
- International Journal of Periodontics and Restorative Dentistry
- Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Implant Dentistry
- Anesthesia Progress